Saturday, January 30, 2010

Welcome to our blog!

Welcome!

Eric and I were talking and we decided that we should create a blog in order to stay close with friends and family (now that we are like a bazillion miles away!). Actually, I can't take all the credit... Aimee gave me the idea when we were at dinner right before we left Oregon.

We are living in Hickory, North Carolina. Hickory is pretty small-but very cute. Not a whole lot to do, but the people are so nice! The people are very friendly and will stop and take the time to tell me where to find something or how to get somewhere. Even the leasing agent we worked with has befriended us. She called me last Saturday and invited us to dinner and then to a bar to see a live band. Of course I very excitedly accepted! The thought of real human interaction... Oh so sweet (I have been talking to the dogs WAY too much!). For dinner we went to Bennets BBQ- Southern food is very goooooooood, but very fatty! Then we went to a bar called Sergeant Peppers. A band called "Black Glass" was playing... they're an old cover back, they play 80's and 90's rock hits. OMG they were actually SOOO good! It didn't take long for me and my new friend Erin to start dancing and singing along with the band... in the very front row. Haha so fun :).

Oh... and I finally got a job! I am working as an administrative assistant at a staffing agency. Easy peasy work :). Eric is really liking his job... which makes me happy and makes the move feel worth it.

Other than that, not a whole lot has been going on. We're finally all unpacked and loving our (much bigger!) new home :). I just cannot wait to fill my guest bedroom with some visitors! Hear that people... come visit me! I have a bed for you!!! :)

I'll write more later, keep checking in! Oh and I'll continually post new pics of NC!

XoXoXoXoXo

Marisa

1 comment:

  1. Hey Eric & Marisa! Its great to see you are adjusting well! I love the blog idea, very cute :) Hope all is well and thanks for keeping us updated.
    Love, Jacob & Tiana Fough

    ReplyDelete