Hello all!
I haven't been able to get on and write because I've been so busy with work. I really like my new job-it keeps me very busy with lots of things to learn and do. There is definitely a need for my position so I feel like a big part of the team already. So far, my boss has been very impressed with my performance and contributions; that makes me feel very good! I'm just glad I've found a good fit.
Last night some more snow came down... and then the big bummer... freezing rain. My coworkers weren't able to make it work so they asked me to open up by myself. It's only my fourth day, but I'm holding down the fort! It is absolutely nasty outside... 32 degrees, POURING down rain, and ice & snow everywhere. Yuck!
Other than that...
Eric sold his car on Tuesday! We're so happy to be rid of that thing! Some guy came out and gave us the full asking price in cash-no questions asked! It was too easy :). He's not sure of what he wants to get now. We both work so close to home, it's been really easy sharing a car this week.
Oh... and we got a new washer and dryer! They're being delivered on Saturday. I can't wait to be able to do laundry in my house! They're out first big "home" purchase we've made together since getting married :). I'll have to post a picture of my new beauties when I get them!
Bailey and Bridget are fabulous. They never get sick of the snow! Bailey can't see the grass so he's started going to the bathroom anywhere outside... middle of the sidewalk, etc. Haha
Anyone have any fun plans for Superbowl Sunday? Our new friends Erin & Eric invited us to a SS party with them. They're friend is hosting the party; he lives in one of the mansions on Lake Hickory! I'm very excited to see his house... or his mansion I should say! Hmmm... maybe I can get a picture of that too to post on here-without looking like a creepy stalker of course.
Well that's all for now. I hope everyone is doing well. I'll post some new pictures next week!!!
Marisa
Friday, February 5, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
O.k. I'm going to try this post thing again. See if I can get it to work for me again. So, how is the new job? I'm sure very busy, especially since everything is new. In a very short time, it will all seem like "all in a day's work!".
ReplyDeleteAs always, I love and miss you, Mom (Carrie)